Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Little of This and That

Here in Georgia, it is Spring Break! Of course, (me being me and all) I went into school today. Our school is never open on weekends and we don't have keys to the building. So, getting to spend time in my room without the kiddos is awesome. I spent today cleaning and reorganizing the classroom. I still have a bunch to do, but I'll post some pictures when I finish.

After cleaning up the classroom, I had to clean my livingroom. My preschooler made obleck at school today. She is a little go-getter who wants to be a science teacher when she grows up. So, she decided to repeat it at home. Only she did it in the middle of the livingroom by herself and used powdered sugar instead of corn starch. What a sticky mess!

I also am working on finishing up a new set of graphing activities to use with my students. I'll be posting them on TPT and sharing a freebie here when I finish. They are aligned with the Common Core Standards because I am trying to start preparing myself for the transition. Are you getting ready for the new standards? What do you think of them?

5 comments:

  1. Ha! Glad to see I am not the only one who plans to use part of spring break to do spring cleaning! Enjoy your time off!
    seabear's kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went in again today & got the room arranged the way I wanted it. I hope you get everything you're hoping to done too.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! Sounds like a mess! But she does sound like a go-getter!! =)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! How long did it take to clean up the make-shift Oobleck?

    Our school has actually been using common core for a year and a half now and it's honestly not that bad once you get used to them!

    Also... Tag! You're it! Come see what this is all about here:
    http://aturntolearn.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-youre-it_04.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a while to get it all cleaned up. Thank goodness we don't have carpet in our livingroom. I'll think about those questions & share my answers soon. Thanks for thinking of me.

      Delete