Thursday, April 12, 2012

Games & Tag

So, today I did something I don't usually do and it caused a stir in my classroom. All, and I do mean all, of my students stopped playing in the middle of recess and started screaming at eachother to look. Why? Well, I snuck on to the jungle gym with them while they were busy playing. I went down the slide, played chase, and climbed right along with them. They were so excited! The rest of the day kids kept walking by me and hugging me as I passed. One kid declared that first grade was more fun than kindergarten. Today we worked hard and we played hard. We even played tag.

Speaking of tag, I got tagged by Ms. Jessica at A Turn To Learn. Just like any good game this one comes with a set of rules. 1) Post the rules. 2) Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you. 3) Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag. 4) Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)

I'll start with the questions I was asked and my answers.
1) What was the best thing that happened in your classroom this week?
I've got to cheat here and pick two things because I can't pick between hearing my students beg me to let them read to me and seeing my students' joy when I played with them.
2) When did you first know that you wanted to be a teacher?
I wanted to become a teacher when I was a child. Then I went into child psychology and finally I got my head screwed on right and went into teaching.
3) What is your favorite subject and/or topic to teach?
My favorite subjects are writing and science. I love experiments and I love to do projects with writing.
4) When did you first know that you wanted to be a teacher?
I am not sure when I first knew I wanted to be a teacher, but I've wanted to work in a job that let me help children since before I can remember.
5) What is your favorite teacher program that you use either with your kids or to create things?
I love Power Point to make things with and I've used it with my students before too.
6) What is your favorite book to use as a read aloud?
I love to use any book by Mo Williams. They are great fun!
7) What is your favorite book to read yourself (a teacher book or a book for fun)?
I read alot of profession development books, but I don't have a favorite. When I am reading for fun I like to read historical fiction, Harry Potter, or fiction.
8) What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Don't wait for someone to show you how. Ask for help when you need it.
9) How do you balance blogging with teaching and with family?
Let me know if you've got this one figured out. Please, tell me the secret. My husband got me a laptop and that has helped alot. I can work on a blog post or product on my laptop while I am waiting for my daughter's activities to end. I also blog while she is watching television or while I wait for her to fall asleep. Mostly, I sneak it in when I can find a few minutes.
10) If you had won that 640 million dollar mega millions jackpot, would you still teach?
I think I would, but I might take some time off while my daughter is little to just be her mommy. I don't think I could stay out of the classroom for long though because I really do love it.

Now, here are my tags.
1) LMN Tree
2) Teach123
3) Hopkins' Hoppin Happenings
4) First Grade Teaching Tales
5) One Teacher's Take
6) Teaching With Style
7) Lessons With Laughter
8) The Teacher's Cauldrin
9) Erica Bohrer's First Grade
10) Live Love Laugh Everyday In Kindergarten

Here are my questions for the fabulous bloggers I've tagged.
1) What is your one best organizational tip?
2) Do you have a favorite lesson or classroom activity?
3) How do you manage indoor recess?
4) What is your favorite classroom product you've found this year?
5) Why do you blog?
6) When is your last day this year?
7) Do you have any plans for the summer?
8) Has your district started Common Core yet? If so, what do you think of it?
9) Do you have any pets?
10) What is your favorite way to relax after work?

Wow! This turned out to be a long post. As always, thanks for taking the time to read my blog. I love followers and I love comments. Please make my day & let me know you stopped by!

2 comments:

  1. April thank you very much, but I was tagged last week and if you go down a few posts you will see that I have filled out the questions from the other person. Thanks though for thinking of me!

    Brian
    http://hopkinshoppinblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April,
    I was tagged 4 times this week. I'm tagged out. Hope you understand.
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete