Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Earth Day Freebies

Earth Day is April 22. I am hoping to have some fun with it and I'm starting to plan activities. We are going to start with this word search I made for our morning work. We don't do a lot of word searches, but my students love it when we do.


Later, we will probably do a read aloud and plant seeds. I went to the bookstore yesterday to look for a book to that would be good to read. Amazingly, my bookstore had nothing at all that would work. If you have any suggestions for a read aloud please leave a comment. We are also going to do this writing "craftivity" on how each child can help the Earth. I've noticed my students are much more into their writing when we pair it with a "craftivity." They even write neater than usual.


You can grab a copy of the word search and the writing "craftivity" by clicking on the pictures. The download includes complete directions for assembling the "craftivity."

In math, we're going to incorporate some graphing with one of the Earth Day themed graphs from my Graphing Through The Month of April unit. You can get the recycling freebie for Earth Day from my unit by clicking here or check the whole unit out on TPT by clicking the picture.


       

 If you're looking for even more ideas for celebrating Earth Day in your classroom hop on over to the Earth Day Linky Party at Sunny Days in Second Grade.
Thanks for stopping by! It would make my day if you would follow my blog or leave a comment. Stop by again soon. 

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this Earth Day craftivity!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment. I can't wait for Earth Day. My kids love doing these kinds of projects.

      Delete
  2. LOVE these freebies!! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to celebrate Earth day with my 1st graders!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the carftivity! Thank you for sharing!

    Quench Your First

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about including writing in a craftivity. Kids of all ages will take extra time to make it their best effort. Thanks for the Earth Day activity. Loved it, shared it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this cute craftivity. My friends at school actually thought I coined that term-too funny! They don't spend enough time on pinterest... My kids also love to pair a project with writing. I'm sure they will love doing this. We may have to have Earth "Week" to get all of the fun activities in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the freebies. I especially like the graphing activity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some books I like to read for Earth Day: "Michael Recycle" or "Our Tree Named Steve"
    Happy Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the "freebies"
    I love to read The Wump World by Bill Peet for Earth Day.
    It brings the whole meaning of one world together and taking care of our planet.
    Keep on sharing, I love your site:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the "Earth Man". He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete