Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dinosaur (Place Value) Freebie

We've had testing this week. Yuck! Today was the last day for students in kindergarten, first, and second grades. So, we are done. Yeah! I can get back to my blog.
While I don't enjoy testing, it does make me reflect on my teaching and that's always a good thing. Testing makes me think about what areas to review and enrich throughout the last few weeks of school.
The kids are bouncing off the walls energetic after testing. So, learning needs to be especially engaging to hold their attention. Games are perfect for this time of year. I'm working on making a few for my kiddos. I'll share some of them with you too.
Here is a free matching activity that reviews place value. It's done in a dinosaur theme. You can set it up as an independent activity or play it like concentration or memory. Students would pick one of each type of card. You can grab the freebie by clicking on any of the pictures.

The graphics I used for this freebie come from Just So Scrappy Too and The 3AM Teacher.
Photobucket
Oh, I want to be sure you know about the fabulous linky party going on at Little Minds at Work. It's dinosaur themed. You could put together a mini unit just from this linky party full of dinosaur themed stuff.



 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you for the freebie! I grabbed myself a copy and I am sure my students will love it!
    First Grade Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete