Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Lucky Synonyms & Antonyms

Today my kiddos and I reviewed some language arts skills we covered this year. Each student got a little whiteboard, a dry erase marker, and a tissue. You would have thought they had died and gone to heaven from the cheering when they got a right answer. Who would have thought something so simple would make test prep so much fun.

Games are another way I like to sneak in a little test prep. Synonyms and antonyms are skills I want to review with my students. So, I made a little Saint Patrick's Day review game and I am sharing it as a freebie for you. It can be played with partners or small groups. Another skill I want to review is vowel sounds. So, I made a game for that too. 
     
     
Just click on the picture of the game(s) you want to grab your copy. Other recent St. Patrick's Day freebies I've posted include BumpFour in a Row, and Lucky Leprechaun. If you enjoy them, please consider leaving a comment of following the blog. Thanks for stopping by!
If you are looking for more Saint Patrick's Day resources, Robin at Little Blogfish is having a St. Patrick's Day linky party. 

5 comments:

  1. Theses are too cute!! I can't wait to use them next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Lovely Blog award!
    Barb
    meet me at the zoo...
    kinderzoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thank you for creating your inspiring blog.

      Delete
  3. I love your synonyms and antonyms game, but the answers are bolded, so I feel like they give the answer away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry that it was confusing. To play the game the cards should be face down. The student who is not answering takes the top card and reads the question aloud to the student who is answering. The bold is intended to allow for independent partner work by allowing the student reading the question aloud to confirm if the answer is correct. I hope that helps clarify the game.

      Delete