Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Carrot or Two for the Teacher

The PTA at my school has been really focused on improving the health of our students and staff. Yesterday we had a puppet show on nutrition. It came complete with a cast of dancing, singing, vegetables. The costumed produce stayed through lunch. Apparently, produce is the new in teacher gift. At least, that's what the produce puppets told the kids. 

Today, I got carrots, apples, strawberries, a plum, and a mystery fruit. Yep, I didn't know what it was until I cut it open. Do you recognize it? It turned out to be a very tasty mango. Yum!
 


4 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love you ideas! Couldn't find your follower button though. Would love to! Come check out my blog when you get a chance.

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. I just redid my follower buttons. It is on the top right. I checked out your blog and am now your newest follower.

      Delete
  2. I would have thought it a potato, but that's not a fruit! I am a fellow TBTS member and I wanted to come introduce myself. I am looking forward to chatting with you and learning a lot from all the other teachers that have the same goal with their blog!
    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I missed this week's chats & I wanted to be there. It's just been that kind of crazy busy week, but I will try again this week. We also have a pk-2 chat on Wednesday nights there.

      Delete