Saturday, February 11, 2012

Coins Match Up

One of our first grade math topics is money. Last year my class got it pretty quickly. That's good because our book only devotes a chapter to money and then it moves on. This year it's going to take some more practice. One chapter is not going to do it.

After two weeks (and a lot of discussion of touch points) my kids are starting to get it, but I want them to have some more opportunities to practice counting coins. So, I made a center activity.  It has pages with just pennies, just nickels, just dimes, just quarters, and all four together. So, you can easily start it out with just the coins you want to focus on or mix it up as your students progress.


 I am posting it as a freebie at my TPT store. Just click here or on the picture to grab your free copy. I hope it is helpful to you.

If you download it please follow Fun 2B in First.  Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to stop by and read my blog. Finally, I would love to hear any tips or tricks you have for teaching money.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I needed a money game for a after school tutoring program!!! I love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome center! Thanks so much for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete