So, here are my seven things. Try not to laugh too hard. (You'll know when you get there.)
1. I am NOT a morning person. My mom used to have a sign in her room that said "there ought to be a better way to start your day than getting up in the morning." I totally agree. After I've been up about 30 minutes everything is good, but until then...watch out. I am a grumpy person for those first 30 minutes.
2. I love the way coffee smells, but I hate the way it tastes. A teacher needs her caffeine, but coffee just doesn't work for me. I love a good cup of tea or a diet coke.
3. I love pretty much anything to do with water. I love baths, swimming, boating, snorkeling, scuba.... You get the picture. I love water. In fact I spent the day at the beach/lake. The only problem is I am pale, pale, pale. So, as always, I brought the sunscreen. I brought factor 70 to be exact. The problem....well...I made a point of packing sunscreen, but I forgot to put it on and now I am sunburned. The worst part is my daughter is too. Oops! I guess I will be applying aloe tonight. At least it isn't a bad one.
4. In addition to blogging, making things for my TPT store, and planning activities for my classroom, I love to create hair bows. My daughter has a TON of hair bows, but I keep making more. I like making jewelry, painting, and doing lots of crafts, but hair bows are my current go to craft project. They are quick and easy. Plus, they are super cute and get used. Love them!
5. I am a fairly smart person, but there are two subjects about which I know next to nothing. The first is cars. I do have jumper cables and the equipment for a tire change in my car. I also have a first aid kit. However, I have never changed a tire and never jump started a car. I have had at least three flat tires. Each time I have started to change the tire (using my car manual's directions). Each time someone else has finished it and I have been very grateful.
The second subject that I know nothing about is famous people in pop culture. I seriously thought Brad Pitt was a new student at my school when he first became famous. My friends kept saying he was cute and I finally asked them to show me the new kid. They brought in some magazines and held an "intervention." Of course, that was after they stopped laughing.
6. I used to be really into clowning. I can make balloon animals, face paint, and even do some magic tricks. When I was in high school, I even went to a clown convention that had classes on things like proper falling techniques, gags, and comedy skits. Our school had a spirit week and one day was costume day. I was the only student to participate...and I came in my full clown suit. Wig, red nose, polka dots, stripes! Can you picture that? Seriously though, it wasn't too bad. I got a lot less grief about that than when I set a bag of popcorn on fire in the microwave and caused the school to be evacuated. (I really did have friends in high school.)
7. I got engaged when I was 18, but I refused to get married till I finished college. I took 18 to 20 hours every semester and at least 12 during the summers. During that time, I studied abroad twice (once was during September 11th and I came home early). I finished in 3 years and got married 5 days after graduation. We will be celebrating 10 years in May.
Now, I'd love to share the love and pass on the Versatile Blogger Award to 15 blogs. I hope you these haven't already gotten it, but if so they deserve it twice. These are some blogs I've recently discovered and a few old favorites mixed in.