Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween, Ghosts, Bats, & Counting

Lately, I haven't had as much time for blogging as I would like. Other areas of my life have been demanding a lot of my time. My husband will be having a major surgery soon and we have been busy dealing with all the related issues. We are also trying to fit in as much family time as we can before that.
However, I am trying to blog at least once a week. Although, I will blog more often if I am able.

I was talking to my daughter's pre-k teacher this week. She told me that my daughter was having some difficulty with 1:1 correspondence for numbers greater than 10. So, I made two activities to help her practice counting up to 20. I hope you can use them too. I bought the miniature bat and ghost erasers at target to use as counters. Although you could use any counters you have.

My little girl has been enjoying these. I think they would be great for pre-k and kindergarten. They would also be good for first graders needing some review.  Just click on the pictures to grab the game. I'd love it if you would leave a comment if these are useful for you.

Here is a bat counting activity. It goes up to 20.


Here is a ghost counting activity. It goes up to fifteen. I also included a recording sheet for this one. 



If your interested in seeing some of the great math centers other teachers are doing, stop by Chalk Talk's Math Workstation Linky Party by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks - I will save those for next year. I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to explore!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete