Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Week of School

The kids came back to school on Monday. I've been missing blogging, but the first week of school is such a busy time that I wanted to put all of my time into getting the school year started right for both my first graders and for my daughter starting pre-k. My little ones deserve no less. However, the first week is nearly done and I am ready to get back to blogging.

The year is looking like it will be a great one. My daughter is loving pre-k and I have been blessed with a smaller class. There are 18 amazing kids in my room. Yes, you read that right.

I was shocked today when I finished assessing a student and realized that everyone was on task, silent, and working independently. It was a coloring activity and the silence only lasted a little while, but I was pleased. It is looking like this will be a great year.

1 comment:

  1. I start school next week-- the kids' first day is Thursday. It's been a great motivator to read other posts of good first week experiences. I feel like the first week/month of school is like childbirth. If you truly remembered what it was like you might think twice before doing it again- ha! I'm glad you have a smaller class. We still have children enrolling but right now they are saying 17-18 for us as well. After 20 last year, that would be a treat :) Enjoy every moment of silent coloring time. Every quiet moment is priceless at the beginning of the year-- even if it doesn't last very long.
    Just Add Clipart

    ReplyDelete