Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Share & Fabulous Fall Freebie Linky Party!


It's that time of year when I spend hours gathering ideas and activities for the Fall. Since I know I am not the only one searching for these ideas, I thought it would be fun to have a Fabulous Fall Freebie Linky Party. So please visit the blogs below and check out what other teachers are doing this Fall.

If you are a blogger please link up below. The only requirements are that you share at least one freebie that you use with your class during the Fall season. I can't wait to see your ideas.

I am going to kick of this linky party by sharing one of my favorite activities for the beginning of the year. I want my students to embrace their differences and celebrate their strengths.

So, I always read a related book. We talk about how everyone has a special strengths and skills that make them special. This year I am going to extend it by having the kids complete a bubble map and drawing, which will be used to complete a short writing activity. The students will have a chance to tell the class about themselves and I will post their writing in the hall. You can grab the file I use for the bubble map and writing assignment here.




This post has now been added to Teach Blog Addicts Ultimate Linky Party. Stop by and see some other great linky parties.
Ultimate Linky Party on TBA

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this book! I'll need to look into this one. Good one.
    First Grade Frame of Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have that book, but it never struck me as special until you made it so. Thanks for sharing!
    Teacher Tam's Educational Adventures

    ReplyDelete