Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to School Transportation Graph


Fun in First Grade is having a linky party on  your favorite back to school activities. Click here to check it out.  I do a lot of other fun activities, but I think this one is super important.

On the first day of school I am very concerned that the students go home the correct way. So, one of the things I plan to do on the first day of school this year is have each of the children share how he or she is going home.

As the children share, I will give them a sticky note that I have printed with the possible transportation methods. I print the sticky notes using the template above. Just print it once. Put sticky notes on it with the edge that sticks being the first edge to feed into the printer. Peel them off and repeat to print more.

Once the kids get their sticky notes, they will write their names and add it to the transportation graph. Once all of the students have shared, we will discuss our graph.
 

I will double check it with the information I have from parents. If there is any confusion I will request the office contact the parents to confirm how the child should go home. During the first week of school I also give each child a sticker with how they are going home each day. This helps everyone when it is time to dismiss at the end of the day. You can get the graphing materials for FREE here.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea!

    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies @
    vasquezfrogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! I will definitely be doing this. Thanks for linking up!

    ❀Jodi
    Fun In First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete